How Much Caffeine is in Your Coffee? - NO HARM DONE
Not all coffee is created equal. In addition to the different flavors and preparation used in coffee, there is also the matter of caffeine! Caffeine varies from coffee drinks because of several different factors, including the beans used, the roasting process, and how big your coffee cup is! If you’re wondering just how much caffeine you are consuming when you drink coffee, then you’re in the right place. Here’s how much caffeine is in your coffee.
How Much Caffeine is in Your Coffee?
Instant coffee is made from filtered coffee that has been freeze dried. The coffee beans are then dissolved in hot water and stirred.
- One cup of instant coffee can be anywhere from 30 - 90 mg of coffee. It all depends on much you put in it!
The average amount of caffeine is 62 mg.
Espresso is made by forcing very hot water through ground coffee beans. Espresso shots are much smaller than cups of filtered coffee, so the amount of caffeine per serving is smaller.
- One shot of espresso contains 63 mg of caffeine.
- However, keep in mind that most espresso-based drinks often use more than just one small espresso shot. So, you could get as much as 225 mg of caffeine in your venti latte.
Filtered coffee, or brewed coffee, is made using boiling water, ground coffee beans, and a filter.
- Eight ounces of this coffee can contain anywhere from 70 – 140 mg of caffeine.
The average amount of caffeine is 95 mg per cup.
Singapore traditional Kopi O is often made from robusta beans and these beans have a much higher concentration of caffeine than arabica beans.
- This means an eight ounce cup has around 265 mg of caffeine!
- However, you can always order your kopi weak to get less caffeine!
How Much Caffeine is Too Much?
The daily recommendation for caffeine intake is 400 mg. So, keep that in mind as you drink coffee throughout the day. If you start to experience any side effects, then cut back on your consumption.
You can also try out our espresso shots that have 63 mg of caffeine, which would be a maximum of 6 shots a day to stay within the daily recommendation range. You can have coffee multiple times a day and help the planet, 2 birds with 1 stone!
Your fans from NHD